Chaga Mushroom is commonly known as a “King of Mushroom” because of its health benefits a, “cold nose”, due to its appearance. It is a fungus grows o the birch trunk in cold climates of the northern hemisphere. Its appearance does not seem that of a common fungus since it is a black mass similar to the coal that stands out from the birches. Once it infects the tree, it takes about five years to develop.
What is the Chaga mushroom?
The Chaga has been used as a therapeutic agent since the sixteenth century when this birch fungus fought against gastrointestinal diseases and tumors. Many ancient cultures used Chaga mushroom to treat, including:
- Increase Productivity
- Boost Immunity
- Detoxifies body
- Reduce free radicles
- Calm upset stomach and ulcers
The tradition of the fungus extends for thousands of years, is considered useful in the prevention of diseases and cure other serious, and be used by wise alchemists of the past this mushroom earned the title of, “mushroom of immortality.”
In the past, it was an exclusive mushroom of only the upper classes of society, but nowadays this fungus is widely marketed and used several types of cancer, it is one of the most studied fungi, in Chinese medicine it is known as a tonic herb what means that you can have at home without prescription and consume in large quantities, however it is known that has secondary effects of diluting the blood taken in excess. Here is the list of health benefits of consuming Chaga mushroom regularly:
Properties and effects of Chaga mushroom:
- Chaga fungus combat free radicals, as it is one of the most antioxidant substances.
- Increases longevity as it decreases the aging process.
- It protects all tissues, especially the skin, reducing the risk of cancer.
- Nourishes hair, eyes, and glands, due to its melanin content.
Immune system and oncology:
- Chaga Mushroom also modulates the immune system, controlling it in cases of autoimmune diseases, allergies, etc.
- It has the anti-tumor capacity, being more effective when it is administered in the early stages of the development of tumor diseases.
Digestive and hepatobiliary system:
- It helps to balance cholesterol in the body.
- Improves blood glucose levels.
- It is hepatoprotective since it decreases oxidative stress.
- It is useful against HIV because it contains beta-Latin acid, which has antiretroviral properties.
- By balancing the immune system, it helps fight bacterial and viral infections.
Energy and vitality:
- It is a natural adaptogen with what helps the body to adapt to stress conditions.
- Useful in chronic fatigue.
- It promotes blood circulation in the whole body, especially in the brain.
- Chaga Mushroom also helps maintain cardiovascular health.
Cognitive functions and intellectual performance:
- Chaga has an adaptogenic effect, helping the body against physical, mental, and emotional stress.
Its high content in SOD (superoxide dismutase) stands out, that is, a group of enzymes that protect the body from free radicals, making this fungus an excellent antioxidant. It also contains polysaccharides, which help preserve cardiovascular health and improve blood sugar levels. Besides, its components include β-glucans and triterpenes.
Contraindications / Precautions:
- Avoid its use in people with anticoagulant and/or anti-diabetic treatment.
- It has some toxic effect so avoid giving it to the children below 10-12 years age group.
They have not been described yet.
Written by guest blogger at: https://canadianpinepollen.com/
Disclosure: This blog may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase using one of these links, I may earn a small commission at no cost to you. All opinions are strictly my own and do not reflect the company or product I am reviewing.
Disclaimer: Sweet Honeybee Health and it’s owners are not medical professionals. Content on this website is intended for informational purposes only. I research and write on numerous health topics and companies. Do not use the information you find on this site as medical advice. You are encouraged to seek the advice of a medical professional prior to trying any health remedy, no matter how safe or risk-free it may claim to be.